Monday 17 October 2011

Should I or shouldn't I?

So, Frank (my other half) is somewhat intrigued at this whole 'blogging malarkey!'  His question to me...."can I read it then?".  I don't know the answer.


I've already divulged to you, that this blog is a selfish mechanism, I need to be honest and true to myself and to you, that reader, looking through the glass at these words.  I need to heal.  I need to take this journey but do I end up as a butterfly by keeping Frank away from my cautious steps along this journey, or do I let him in?


These words may not mean much to you or to Frank but they are in fact an insight into my soul.  Each word I type is a step along my journey.


Whilst Frank and I have no secrets (any more), it is important to admit to ones self that you do not make all your feelings all of the time known to your other half.  It's sometimes not necessary, worth it or even fair - so do I share this with him or do I take the road of selfishness?

What happens if I want to post something that may not meet Frank's personal opinion?  That pinches those feelings of his or makes him question me?  You could say that Franks view will help me tread some of those difficult steps.  But what if I decide to skip some of those steps so that he doesn't get hurt - then it defeats the object of my open, honest and necessary journey.


So the question remains, "Should I or shouldn't I" let him read on?

1 comment:

  1. The eternal question!

    My other half (lovingly known as He who helped create them) reads my blog and occasionally comments which is weird. In some ways it is nice as he gets to see stories about the kids etc and in other ways it reduces the need for conversation.

    On highly personal stuff that he knows I have written for myself he doesnt talk about it but I tend to get a bigger cuddle that night!

    If he does read it I am sure he will enjoy it!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete