Wednesday 12 October 2011

...My First Step

OK, one foot in front of the other!
Knowing where to start is always my problem.  And whilst it might make sense to start at the beginning, my life right now is what prompted me to start this blog, reveal my scary moments and share my life with you; a perfect stranger.
Lets start with some facts:

  • I am 29 and live in a house with my partner Frank. (I really don't like his name!)
  • I am a step mum to his two young children. (Which I struggle with)
  • We have them most weekends and one night mid week.
  • Both children are under 5. One boy and one girl.
  • I didn't think I could have children of my own.
  • I am pregnant with my first child, am 19 and a half weeks and have my 20 week scan tomorrow!
  • I used to be a compulsive liar.
  • I have prenatal depression.
  • I'm scared.
With those few facts now in the open, I wonder how close your nose is pressed up to the pane of glass that separates us right now?  Is the glass steaming up?  Are you taking a step back?  Are you relating to any of my bullet point facts about myself?  Are you judging me yet?  I hope so.
The above bullet points give you a snapshot of my life.  A life I am so very grateful for yet to me seems complex.  Does it to you?
I am a good person but haven't always been an honest one.  Will you join me in my journey?  Will you hold my hand or will you let go when the truth becomes difficult to comprehend?

No comments:

Post a Comment